Topic-wise Solved Papers are the most important resources must for every student for 3 reasons:
1. They show what types of questions have been asked in the actual exam – knowledge/ understanding/ application/ analytical; theoretical/ numerical; Simple MCQ/ Assertion-Reason/ Passage based MCQ/ Matching MCQ/ Picture based/ Statement based MCQ.
2. They show the trend of the paper over the past years – helps in understanding the examiner’s psyche to understand what to expect and what not to expect in the exam.
3. To spot the most important and least important topics for the exam – the number of questions asked from each topic in the various years.
AIIMS Topic-wise Solved Papers consists of past years (memory based) solved papers 1997 onwards till date, distributed in around 20-25 topics in each subject.
The book has been divided into 4 sections – Physics (divided into 18 chapters), Chemistry (divided into 23 chapters), Biology (divided into 23 chapters) & General Knowledge (divided into 6 chapters).
The book has been compiled in a manner that you just revise one topic and then solve all the previous year questions on that topic. This will assess whether your preparation is up to the mark with the AIIMS level.
The strength of the book lies in the originality of its question papers and Errorless Solutions.
The book contains around 3400 questions - 2500 MCQs and 700 Assertion-Reason type question questions.
The book also contains 1 FULLY SOLVED MOCK TEST ON THE LATEST PATTERN.
ULTIMATE BOOK FOR STEP BY STEP LEARNING AND PRACTICE.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section I - Physics
1. Units, Dimensions & Measurement
2. Motion in one dimension
3. Motion in Two and Three dimensions
4. Laws of Motion
5. Work, Energy and Power
6. Centre of Mass, Rigid Bodies & Rotational Motion
8. Properties of Matter
9. Oscillations & Waves
10. Ray and Wave Optics
11. Heat & Thermodynamics
13. Current Electricity, Thermal & Chemical Effects of Current
14. Magnetic Effects of Current
16. Alternating Current & Electromagnetic Waves
17. Atoms, Molecules, Nuclei, Electrons & Photons
18. Solids & Semi-Conductor Devices and Communication System
Section II - chemistry
1. Atoms, Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic, Volumetric Analysis
2. Solution & Liquid State
3. Atomic Structure
4. Nuclear Chemistry
5. Chemical Bonding
6. Solid & Gaseous State
7. Redox Reaction & Electrochemistry
8. Chemical & Ionic Equilibrium
9. Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry
10. Chemical Energetics & Thermochemistry
11. Periodic Table, Metals & Metallurgy, Hydrogen & Its Compounds
12. s-Block Elements
13. p-Block Elements - Boron & Carbon Family
14. p-Block Elements - Nitrogen & Oxygen Family
15. p-Block Elements - Halogen & Nobel Gases
16. Transition Metals, Coordination Compounds & Organometallics
17. Analytical Chemistry
18. Purification, Classification & Nomenclature, Hybridisation General Organic Chemistry, Isomerism
20. Halides, Alcohols, Phenols & Ether
21. Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids
22. Compounds Containing Nitrogen
23. Biomolecules, Biological Processes, Polymers & Chemistry in Action
Section III - biology
1. The Living World & Systematics
2. Kingdom Monera & Protista, Virus & Kingdom Fungi
3. Plant Kingdom
4. Cell & Cell Division
6. Morphology of Flowering Plants
7. Internal Structure of Angiosperms Plants
8. Plant-Nutrition, Photosynthesis and Respiration
9. Reproduction in Flowering Plants & Plant Embryology
10. Plant Growth, Movement & Plant Hormones
12. Biodiversity and Environmental Issues
13. Micro & Macromolecules
14. Animal Kingdom
15. Animal Tissues & Animal Nutrition
16. Respiratory Gas Exchange & Circulation of body fluids
17. Excretion, Osmoregulation, Movement & Locomotion
18. Nervous Coordination and Sense Organ
19. Hormonal Coordination
20. Reproduction, Embryonic Development, Growth, Regeneration and Ageing
21. Human Genetics
22. Origin and Evolution of life
23. Biology and Human Welfare
Section IV - General knowledge
2. Indian Polity
4. General Science
5. General Awareness
6. Current Affairs
Mock Test with Detailed Solutions
AIIMS 2012 Paper
AIIMS 2013 Paper