WHY CIVIL SERVICES
IAS or Civil Services is the most prestigious and attractive career option in India and all discipline of students like graduates, MBAs, Engineers, Doctors dream to become an IAS officer not just to earn money, but also to serve the country in an effective way. The decision should come straight from your heart because you are going to be the top public servant of this great Nation. The whole preparation requires strong determination and total devotion.
“First thing is the passion I had for the Civil services and next thing self-confidence. These factors were responsible for me to take very important decision in my life. I took that step because of the confidence I had in myself that I would achieve my dream one day. It was the passion to excel and to realise my dream which made me work very hard and finally achieve this feat-
Bharti Dixit Civil Services 2013
All India Rank 5
Some aspirants take it up by choice, some by passion; some are coerced into it, while some do it merely to try their luck. What you take the great plunge you have to go through the rigours of the coveted Civil Services Examination. It requires some qualities as there is no short cut to success.
An inquisitive mind can grab knowledge anywhere, any time.
Have you ever heard anyone died of hard work? Don’t shy away from your assigned schedule even for a minute.
Some of the other important qualities which are a must for you:
- Leadership Skills
- Self Confidence
- Positive Attitude
- Commanding Ability
- Good Communication Talents
- Firm Determination
- Ability to manage complex situations,
- Patience and quick decision making, etc.
DISHA has undertaken focused research on these areas while preparing its books. The suggestions are practical and useful as presented in our books like Toppers Secrets of Success and other titles as given below.
Basic Focus Areas
- GS and Essay if neglected can turn the table in spite of how good you score in your optional papers. Open your eyes and see the world, perceive the difference how common people see the things and how you critically analyse the facts.
- Current Affairs is the window to see the world around us.
- Regularly watch channels like Rajya Sabha, Lok Sabha NDTV and BBC
- Read analytical articles and editorials of Newspapers like, The Hindu, Times of India, The Indian Express, Economic Times and Hindustan Times.
- The NCERT books and Newspapers are the best sources for preparing GS. First try to be thorough with primary sources and then go to secondary sources such as coaching materials. You can also get “Objective General knowledge and current affairs level 1” and “Objective General knowledge and current affairs level 2” to cover GK section of the exam
You know you are your best coach but, you need guidance. Therefore,while choosing coaching centers, always pay attention to their subject material, infrastructure and teachers and check its past results. However, keep financial aspect in your mind before joining the coaching.
Develop Habit and Quality of Reading
Consulting your seniors who have qualified earlier will help you a lot in shaping your lesson plans, which books and how to read them? Develop the habit of reading newspaper and useful books from your college level.
Anupam Saha, an electrical engineer by qualification, cracked Civil Service Examination (IAS) with 35th rank in 2012 in his third attempt. He completed his schooling from Kesinga Vidyapeetha and studied in National Institute of Technology, Rourkela to get a B.Tech degree in electrical engineering in 2007. He worked with the TCS for two years and moved to Delhi for coaching after leaving his job. He took Geography and Public Administration as his subjects and failed to clear the prelims in the first attempt.
“Time spent on the study table is of great importance”— Anupam Saha
IAS Topper Rank: 35
Exam: Civil Services Examination
IAS Topper Year: 2011
Note making is an intuitive art that demands your reasoning power. Collecting materials in a comprehensive manner and crisp down them in your note is a wise method. We have followed the idea of note making suggesting practical examples in our books.
“Regarding notes, I would suggest everyone to learn the habit of reading more and writing less. It is not necessary to prepare notes on every topic. I hardly made any notes except some current affairs that would enrich my answers in the mains exam and notes on IR.” Nima Arora Topper 2013
When you take a decision to start preparation for the IAS exam, you should do it as early as possible because the number of students preparing for the exam is quite high and the level of competition is also stiff. Generally, you can get solved papers of past years from DISHA PUBLICATION (NEW DELHI based book Publishing House) such as 20 Year’s CSAT, Crack CSAT 2 to get an idea about the type of questions being asked and you need to update yourself in all fields such as Economy, Polity, History, Science and other subjects.
Most of the IAS Aspirants are of the view that to become an IAS officer, studying 10 hours or more every day is mandatory. But, in order to get the desired results, aspirants need to read selective books on different subjects, making short notes, learn time and stress management skills and take mock test papers and so on.
Aspirants need to go by a fixed study time-table that will help to cover the entire syllabus within the time available and focus for long hours on constructive learning. The mode of preparation for the exam might vary for from one student to another, but aspirants always need to keep in mind that clearness of idea is the key to accomplishment in the preliminary test.
“I started preparation for civil services exam two years ago, did 6-7 hours of self-study a day, and even studied 12 hours a day during exams. You should know how to read The Hindu, Yojana, how to make notes about Ancient History and how to write essays.”
Roman Saini 2013 Topper
How Can DISHA Help You?
AS Best Academic Helper
- Our experts and authors put hard work and research on the fundamental aspects of the exam Pattern and prepare materials which are practically helpful and assure you a sure win-win situation.
- We care you won’t waste your money and efforts.
- We desire you to feel safe, happy and self-confident.
- We are here to offer you a solution that will definitely please you.
- We are talking about exclusive high-quality service that can make all your academic problems disappear. As soon as you start cooperating with us, you will enjoy a lot of free time.
- You will never want to look for any other options as our offer is really tempting. You can see for yourself what our high quality really means if you go through our books and recommended by many toppers.
- We run every book through several plagiarism detection checks to make sure that the customer will get a 100% original work.
- Our service is available round-the-clock, which means that you can contact us and make an order 24/7/365.
- Don’t wait and trust us.
OUR Useful PUBLICATIONS for IAS and other exam Aspirants-
- Top500 Year Book 2015
A huge resource for all important national and international aspects of 2014 year in a single book. The book covers all essential material for IAS exam preparation (GK section) in fur sections- events, issues, people ideas-500 each.
2 . The Knowledge Book 2015
Crack IAS Prelims and Mains with this book as it has vast coverage on subjects such as history, polity, geography, economics, science and technology, ecology, business, art, culture, value and ethics.
3. CSAT 101 SPEED TEST Paper 1 & Paper 2
CSAT 101 SPEED TEST offers you 10 practice sets with which you can test your preparation for the exam and boost your confidence before the actual IAS exam. It helps students to improve their question strike rate, speed and score.
Visit Us @ www.dishapublication.com
We promise to serve your purpose. Come and join us.