Go through the syllabus thoroughly: Go through the updated and thorough syllabus. It gives a significant idea about how to deal with an exam like Olympiad that is majorly different on various levels from the regular school exams. Detailed syllabus is available at our website:
- Gather right study material: It is important to make sure one has collected or referred to right kind of books. The content and topics covered should be relevant, the level of difficulty should be in lines of the actual test, etc. Several online sites also provide with good content to refer to.
- Download free sample papers: Download and practice free sample papers available for science, Maths and English from class 1st to 8th at our website mentioned above.
- Keep yourself updated: Read news papers and G.K books to prepare well for the exam. Keep your knowledge updated and enrich yourself with the knowledge from all spheres.
- Grasp the detailed understanding of the concepts: Time has gone when knowing the gist of a concept was enough, only detailed study can make the students confident and capable enough to answer the tricky questions in exams.
- Solve puzzles: Keep solving random puzzles in newspapers and books and develop your aptitude to solve them with practice.
- Give ample time to preparation: Start preparing for exams at least two months before the exam. Identify your weak points and rectify your mistakes by adopting comprehensive approach and a lot of practice.
- Practice: Prepare well and practice the available sample papers and cover each topic while practicing. After that take up a mock test and analyze your results.
- Daily learn English words, Solve quiz, puzzles: Improve your vocabulary by reading articles and adding a new word to your vocabulary daily and improve your logical reasoning by solving problems.
- Prepare quick facts notes for revision: Prepare proper notes and short notes for assistance at the time of revision.
Right preparatory material for Olympiad exams
The purpose of these exams is to widen the horizon of students’ observation, knowledge and analyzing capacities. If readymade notes are provided to them, its like spoon feeding them. With this practice, the entire purpose of these exams is defeated. It is recommended that they study with help of detailed notes available.
- Detailed preparatory material: Disha Publication provides clear and detailed learning material required for Science, Maths and English sections available at our site.
- Solved sample papers: Solved sample papers give an idea about the kind of questions asked in these exams .We bring you these papers at our site: http://www.dishapublication.com/download-free-study-materials/category/school-exam. But being highly dependent on these papers doesn’t cater to the spirit of these exams and infuses negative competition among kids.
- It is recommended that you go through these papers but prepare independently, gathering right information.
- Mock Tests: When you keep preparing without knowing your week points is like living in an illusion. This will help you find the amount of time that you need for Olympiad preparation as it will help you judge how difficult or easy is the level of exam for you individually. This helps you focus energy and time towards the relatively trouble giving topics.
- Avail the opportunity to take up the mock test and know where to stand. Identify your week points and work upon them .Disha publication provides free mock test in the free download section.