UGC NET 2015 is this year organized by Council of scientific and Industrial research (CSIR). CSIR is in all over the country and has great contribution in scientific and development and research in India. This is one of the top institution among the globally acclaimed scientific research center worldwide. As per the official notification, exam is scheduled on 20th December 2015.
- Candidate must be having M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS- 4 years/ BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS. Minimum 55% marks is required for general and OBC Non creamy layer candidates and 50% for SC/ST, physical and visually handicapped candidates.
- Candidates who have enrolled for MSc programe or having completed 10+2+3 of the above qualifying examination as on 25.8.2015, are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- B.Sc (Hons.) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated M.S-Ph.D. program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply
Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th Sept-1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- Online registration and fee depositing process will start from 3-8-15
- Last date for depositing fees (at all stations)- 24-8-15
- Last date for online submission of application- 25-8-15
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit-3-9-15
- Last date of receipt of duly completed hard copy of online application in the examination unit (for remote area)- 10-9-15
- Last date for receipt for change of examination center only on merit basis- 5-10-15
- Tentative date of publication of list of candidates registered for test- 5-11-15
- Last date for accepting for representation for non-registration for this exam- 13-11-15
- Issue of e-admission certificate to registered candidate- mid Dec-15
- Commencement of exam- 20-12-15
Paper pattern and duration:
Paper will held in two session i.e. morning (9 AM to 12 noon) and noon session (2pm to 5pm) which will consist of 5 subjects
- Life science,
- Earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences,
- Mathematical science,
- Chemical science and
- Physical science
Paper will be of 200 marks in total. It will be MCQ based test. Exam will be of 3 hours.