The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination conducted jointly by seven Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), and Government of India. The major objective of GATE is to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for Postgraduate Programs in engineering at the National Level.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for the next session is scheduled to be held between January 30, 2016 and February 7, 2016. The registration for the same will begin in this week i.e. on September 1, 2015. GATE is one of the toughest exams and one should practice thoroughly for the exam. Some tips and tricks are s follows.
Tips & Tricks to crack GATE 2016
- Go through latest syllabus: it is important to know what to study and it is more important to know what not to study. Go through the syllabus and read every single topic of each subject carefully mentioned in the GATE syllabus.
- Start your preparation at right time: A plan and time table schedule should be developed as per your personal analysis [based on your weak areas]. Allot more time for weaker topics. Strictly follow your schedule till the date of exam.
- Collect previous year solved question paper: Spend enough time on solving previous year GATE papers. Proper concentration is necessary.
- Find out important topics for GATE Examination: Always try to go through the standard books which are easily available and in which you can easily understand the concepts. This will improve your learning ability. Start preparing from the initial topics i.e. the basics ones and note down the basic concepts (definitions, unit, dimension etc.) as well as necessary theories, formulae etc.
- Preparations strategy: Everybody has their own study method or style, so preparation strategies for individual may be different. It is totally depending upon the subject that you feel hard easy to understand. According to this, allow time to prepare hard subject more. You should manage this complexity with time.
- Prepare your own Notes after referring all standard data and notes: while reading from standard reference, make handwritten notes which comprise concepts and problems solving method. These notes will help you in last days of examination for quick review.
- Go for self tests based on whole syllabus and if necessary take help of others in conducting self-tests.
- Do not try to get hold of the entire syllabus prescribed by GATE. A selective preparation would be a very helpful concept and should be learned accurately. Memorization of any problem without a clear idea of the concept will be a futile exercise.
- Keep revising the concepts: one month before the examination you should start revising the course as many times as possible. So that on the day before exam you will be prepared enough to crack the exam.
- Motivate yourself, study seriously: Stay focused on what you want to achieve, make your goals, dreams in your mind and avoid distraction.