Everyone wants to secure a successful career for themselves, and a career in the armed forces is one such glorious and most sought after option. The candidates need to be dedicated and focused on their goal, as qualifying the NDA written exam is not an easy task owing to the cut throat competition.
The date of the upcoming NDA exam is 27th September 2015.
The examination consists of 2 Papers-Mathematics (300 marks) and General Ability Test (600 marks) with objective type questions, inclusive of negative marking for every wrong answer. The duration for each Paper is 2 and ½ hours.
Here are some basic tips which may help you clear the examination.
- Do a thorough revision of the last ten years question paper and focus on the type of questions repeated over years having a relative pattern.
- Read newspapers, monthly magazines and books based on current state of affairs.
- Dedicate a minimum of 6 hours to study for the exam.
- Focus on tricks and shortcut methods for solving questions based on mathematics which will cut down the long and time consuming calculations.
- Extensive reading of English newspapers, novels and grammar books will help you to build your vocabulary and polish your grammar skills.
- Time management is a key to crack competitive exams. You should first solve the sections which you are most confident about and not waste your time on the questions which you have no idea about.
- It is not necessary to attempt as all the questions as the exam has the provision of negative marking. Every wrong question attempted by the candidate will result in a deduction of 0.25 marks from the total.
- And last but not the least, do a thorough reading of the Indian history to enable yourself in attempting the questions from the history section.