The paradigm shift in the field of education focuses on the development of life skills, attitudes and values. This was the prime focus which made us divide this series into two themes: LIFE SKILLS and ATTITUDES & VALUES.
Each theme strongly voices out in three levels - beginners, the avid readers and the experts making it a six book series.
The book "Breathing in Bodhi - the General Awareness/ Comprehension book - Attitude & Values / Level 2 for the avid readers" is the second of the three books based on the Attitude & Values theme.
• The book contains 30 fascinating stories about People, Places, Events, Ideas and Issues. The stories are further based on Attitude & Values - 15 each on Attitude and Values.
• The book aims at enhancing the comprehension skills along with augmenting the general awareness of children leading to the development of the Attitude & Values.
• The book is an honest attempt to trigger the young minds to think, explore and relate to the world around them.
• It makes them THINK, COMPREHEND AND ANALYSE. The articles given for the comprehension purpose are actually in sync to the real world.
• Each story has been elaborately discussed and is analysed by the following tools:
• Wordsmith - aims at developing the vocabulary and contextual usage of words.
• Finding the Fact - aims at developing the comprehension skills
• Extra Inning - gives an opportunity to the reader to explore the extra information related to the story.
• Reality Check - a platform to create opinions about the various issues related to the story.
• Only when the reader is in a position to generate thoughts/ opinions about a given situation/ issue then only he is in a position to provide a real solution model.
• This series is a must have for people who not only want to build in their reading habit and develop their vocabulary but also want to enroot an eye for comprehending, analyzing and transforming their approach from problem finders towards becoming PROBLEM SOLVERS by reinforcing the power of Attitude & Values.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- The Tibeto- Chinese Conflict
- Do we need smaller states?
- The Pertinence of Mahatama Gandhi Today
- Unearthing the Black Money
- Destination Singapore- Where the world becomes one!!!
- Responding to Catastrophe- Disaster Management
- Who’s watching what you eat?- Genetically Engineered Food
- Sowing Seeds of thoughts
- Paparazzi and Tabloids
- Joint Family or Nuclear Family- And the debate continues…..
- Hockey India League: An attempt to fix the block
- Ever Increasing Road Rages
- A Cosmic Science called Astrology
- Online Shopping: Happiness delivered at your doorstep
- Tihar: Extracting Humanity from Brutality
- Right to Education- Learning today for a better tomorrow
- The four noble truths of Buddhism
- Preserving the treasure of ancient glory
- Presenting the Global Choice
- The Camouflaged Business- The business of religion
- Things you must know about Brazil
- India- The endless discovery
- The world of communications
- Health is stealth
- The Green Revolution
- The PETA Principle
- Law is the same for all- Celebrity Trials
- The Glamour of Oscar
- Empowering the Untrained
- The girl who told the story- Anne Frank