The paradigm shift in the field of education focuses on the development of life skills, attitudes and values. This was the prime focus which made us divide this series into two themes: LIFE SKILLS and ATTITUDES & VALUES.
Each theme strongly voices out in three levels - beginners, the avid readers and the experts making it a six book series.
The book "Breathing in Bodhi - the General Awareness/ Comprehension book - Life Skills/ Level 2 for the avid readers" is the second of the three books based on the Life Skills theme.
• The book contains 30 fascinating stories about People, Places, Events, Ideas and Issues. The stories are further based on Life Skills - 10 each on Thinking, Social and Emotional Skills.
• The book aims at enhancing the comprehension skills along with augmenting the general awareness of children leading to the development of the precious Life Skills.
• The book is an honest attempt to trigger the young minds to think, explore and relate to the world around them. It makes them THINK, COMPREHEND AND ANALYZE. The articles given for the comprehension purpose are actually in sync to the real world.
• Each story has been elaborately discussed and is analysed by the following tools:
• Wordsmith - aims at developing the vocabulary and contextual usage of words.
• Finding the Fact - aims at developing the comprehension skills
• Extra Inning - gives an opportunity to the reader to explore the extra information related to the story.
• Reality Check - a platform to create opinions about the various issues related to the story.
• Only when the reader is in a position to generate thoughts/ opinions about a given situation/ issue then only he is in a position to provide a real solution model.
• This series is a must have for people who not only want to build in their reading habit and develop their vocabulary but also want to enroot an eye for comprehending, analyzing and transforming their approach from problem finders towards becoming PROBLEM SOLVERS by reinforcing the power of Life Skills.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Cold War- The Political Hostility
- Ice Age – The Encounter with Glacial Episodes
- Building Better Global Economy: BRICS
- Benefits of SEZ
- The Short Cut to America
- Hydroelectricity- The modern necessity
- ISRO- In the service of Human Kind
- Beading the Energy
- The Gurukul and the Modern Modes of Education: A larger dichotomyhy
- White Goods
- Amazonia: The unexplored life
- The Promise and Peril of India’s youth bulge
- Lifeline to the nation
- Touchdown of A380 to India
- Fashion Trends
- Holidaying to moon
- The Virtual world in our hand
- The lost treasure of the developed nations
- Permanent seat for India in UN security council- Yes or No
- New Writers, Young Readers
- The Chinese Year of the Horse
- Living with the menace- Terrorism
- Vivekanand’s Strategy for the Youth
- Commercial Friends and Political Foes
- Benaras- The city of ghats
- Malnutrition- The yearning childhood
- Networking or Not Working
- CNR Rao: The Seer of Science
- The thin line of Wagah
- Reality TV: Remaking of Television Culture