The paradigm shift in the field of education focuses on the development of life skills, attitudes and values. This was the prime focus which made us divide this series into two themes: LIFE SKILLS and ATTITUDES & VALUES.
Each theme strongly voices out in three levels- beginners, the avid readers and the experts making it a six book series.
The book "Breathing in Bodhi - the General Awareness/ Comprehension book - Life Skills" is a set of 3 books (Level 1, 2 & 3) for Beginners, Avid Readers and the Experts" based on the Life Skills theme.
• Each of the books contain 30 fascinating stories about People, Places, Events, Ideas and Issues. The stories are further based on Life Skills - 10 each on Thinking, Social and Emotional Skills. So in all 90 stories on Life Skills - 30 on Thinking, 30 on Social and 30 on Emotional Skills.
• The books aims at enhancing the comprehension skills along with augmenting the general awareness of children leading to the development of the precious Life Skills.
• The books are an honest attempt to trigger the young minds to think, explore and relate to the world around them. It makes them THINK, COMPREHEND AND ANALYZE. The articles given for the comprehension purpose are actually in sync to the real world.
• Each story has been elaborately discussed and is analysed by the following tools:
1. Wordsmith - aims at developing the vocabulary and contextual usage of words.
2. Finding the Fact - aims at developing the comprehension skills. This exercise provides MCQ questions with 4 choices.
3. Extra Inning - gives an opportunity to the reader to explore the extra information related to the story. Detailed Solution to each of these questions are provided. This will help in providing extra knowledge to students.
4. Reality Check - a platform to create opinions about the various issues related to the story. This section provides a lot of issues related to the topic where the student needs to ponder and create his/ her opinion.
• Only when the reader is in a position to generate thoughts/ opinions about a given situation/ issue then only he is in a position to provide a real solution model.
• This series is a must have for people who not only want to build in their reading habit and develop their vocabulary but also want to enroot an eye for comprehending, analyzing and transforming their approach from problem finders towards becoming PROBLEM SOLVERS by reinforcing the power of Life Skills.