Verbal Ability is a very important component of any MBA entrance exam. Good verbal skills are required not only to crack the exam but it forms an essential component which decides your success or failure in the corporate world. Verbal Ability is also the key to score well in logical reasoning.
Disha’s Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/ GMAT/ XAT/ IIFT/ CMAT/ MAT/ Bank PO/ SSC is a book focussed on mastering techniques to crack these examinations. The book starts from a basic level and moves to an expert level.
• Structure of the book: The book has been divided into three parts - Verbal Ability, Verbal Reasoning & Reading Comprehension which have been divided into chapters. Each chapter consists of:
1. Theory with Illustrations
2. Foundation Level Exercise
3. Standard Level Exercise
4. Expert Level Exercise
5. Solutions to the 3 levels of exercises
• The Verbal Ability section focuses on Basics of English Grammar, Vocabulary, Common errors.
• The Verbal Reasoning section focuses on Parajumbles, Critical Reasoning, Fact/ Inference/ Judgement and Passage Completion (Logical conclusion of Paragraphs).
• The Reading Comprehension section focuses on comprehension of passages of different genres based on the latest patterns.
• Each section has been divided into chapters which contains exhaustive study material along with well discussed examples.
• The theory is followed by 3 levels of exercises – Foundation Level, Standard Level and Expert Level. The detailed solution to each and every question has been provided immediately at the end of the 3 exercises.
• Foundation Level – Here the focus is to expose the students to solve problems based on the concepts they have learned in theory part. The student develops a good foundation and is ready for the Standard level.
• Standard Level – The Standard level is a collection of excellent quality problems which will test a student on the application of the concepts learned in various real-life situations. The problems provide a good platform to develop a very good problem solving aptitude so as to take up the expert level confidently.
• Expert Level – This is the toughest part of the book and involves the trickiest questions on the concepts involved. Here most of the problems will pose good challenge to the students.
• The three sections contain past questions of various MBA entrance exams like CAT/ GMAT/XAT/ IIFT/ FMS/ CMAT/ MAT.
• At the end of the book 5 Mock Tests are provided based on the exact pattern of latest CAT exams. The solutions to the test are provided at the end of the tests.