Topic-wise Solved Papers are the most important resources must for every student for 3 reasons:
1. They show what types of questions have been asked in the actual exam – knowledge/ understanding/ application/ analytical; theoretical/ numerical; Simple MCQ/ Assertion-Reason/ Passage based MCQ/ Matching MCQ/ Picture based/ Statement based MCQ.
2. They show the trend of the paper over the past years – helps in understanding the examiner’s psyche to understand what to expect and what not to expect in the exam.
3. To spot the most important and least important topics for the exam – the number of questions asked from each topic in the various years.
Disha's BESTSELLER “20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2013) Hindi Edition” consists of past years solved papers of the General Studies Paper 1 & 2 distributed into 53 topics.
The book has been divided into 8 broad UNITS, which have been further divided into topics. Although the book contains 37 chapters, certain chapters like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Trends in Science & Technology are further divided into topics.
The units are: History of India; Geography; Indian Polity & Governance; Economic & Social Development; General Science; Mental Ability & Management Aptitude; General Knowledge; Current Affairs.
Just revise a topic and then solve previous year questions on that topic.
The strength of the book lies in the Errorless DETAILED Solutions. The book is 100% useful for both the General Studies papers (1 and 2) of the Prelims/ CSAT.
The Mental Ability part of the past GS papers has been covered in the Unit "Mental Ability & Management Ability" and will be useful for Paper 2.
The entire book contains 3200+ MILESTONE PROBLEMS for the CSAT exam. It would not be wrong to say that NO student can excel in the CSAT exam without going through the past 20 years paper provided in this book topic-wise.
AN ULTIMATE BOOK FOR STEP BY STEP LEARNING & PRACTICE.
Table of Contents:
CSAT 2014 Solved Paper 1
CSAT 2014 Solved Paper 2
History of India
1. Ancient History
2. Medieval History
3. Modern History
4. Indian National Movement
1. Physical Geography
2. World Political Geography
3. Geography of India
Indian Polity and Governance
2. Political System
3. Panchayati Raj & Public Policy
4. Judiciary & Right Issues
Economic Social Development
1. Structure of the Indian Economy
2. Planning and Economic Development
3. Agriculture in the National Economy
4. Indian Industries
5. The Tertiary Sector in the Indian Economy
4. Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change
Mental Ability & Management Ability
1. Mental Ability, Analytical & Logical Reasoning
3. Geometry & Mensuration
4. Permutation, Combination & Probability
5. Time and Distance
6. Data Interpretation
7. General Comprehension
8. English Language (Comprehension)
9. Interpersonal Skills, Communication & Decision Making
1. World Panorama
2. Indian Panorama
3. Sports and Games
3. Sports and Games
4. Trends in Science and Technology