CAT is the national level MBA entrance exam conducted by the IIMs. CAT 2015 exam will be held on 29 November 2015 by IIM Ahmadabad. CAT exam have been changing in some way or every year. Not only there are changes in terms of the exam pattern, such as sections, number of questions, duration but also features like on screen calculator, non-multiple choice questions have been introduced. The exam is held in single day in 2 slots.
Know how CAT Exam is different:-
- Sections: Since CAT 2011, CAT had 2 sections, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. But from 2015, paper pattern have been changed. From 2015 CAT exam will consist of 3 sections i.e. Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR).
- Number of questions: Number of questions will be 100, which is same as last year. Distributions of questions are: QA and VRC will have 34 questions each, while DILR will have 32 questions.
- Duration and overall section: Duration of examination is now increased by 10 minutes. It is now for 180 minutes (3 hours). Each section will be allotted 60 minutes to answer. Last year, the duration was 170 minutes or 2 hours 50 minutes. You will get 1 hour to solve each section.
- Time bound Sections: Unlike last year, the candidates would not be able to select the order of sections and switching between sections. Sections and its order will be:
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Verbal and Logical Reasoning
- Non MCQ’s: Along with the multiple choice questions, there will be descriptive type questions in each of 3 sections and it is also expected that their number could be 5 to 8 in each section.
- Calculator: For the first time, there will be an on screen calculator which will be for candidate for doing calculations. Through this newly introduced feature, candidate can do only basics calculations. This will save time of candidate in doing small calculations.
- Marking scheme: for the first time in the history of CAT that the entire question will carry equal marks and there will be no minus marking for the descriptive type questions. But this relief is for descriptive type questions only. Minus marking for all other multiple choice questions will remain same.
- Test window: Exam is scheduled on 29th November, 2015 (Sunday). Exam will be held in single day in two slots. Till last year, CAT was conducted in multiple windows and slots