Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) released its official notification and invites eligible candidates for the application to qualify for the Exam. GATE 2020 Exam Notification is on behalf of the National Coordination Board [NCB]-GATE Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), and Government of India. The examination will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology, namely Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee.
This is a mandatory qualifying requirement for seeking admission or financial assistance under two levels:
1) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
2) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other Government agencies.
Besides, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
Important Dates of GATE 2020 Notification
- Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) GATE 2020 begins on Tuesday 3rd September 2019
- Submission Online Application (through Website) Closing Date: Tuesday 24th September 2019
- Submission of (Online) Application (through Website) Closing Date-Extended: Tuesday 1st October 2019
- Requesting Change of Examination City-Last Date (an additional fee will be applicable): Friday 15th November 2019
- Admit Card release date-Online Application Portal (for printing): Friday 3rd January 2020
- GATE 2020 Exam:
[Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)]
Saturday: 1st February 2020
Sunday: 2nd February 2020
Saturday: 8th February 2020
Sunday: 9th February 2020
- Result Announcement- Online Application Portal: Monday 16th March 2020
Important Pattern of GATE 2020 Exam Notification
The notification carries these important patterns for aspirants to reputed Engineering colleges:
- Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application Submission, Examination Centres, etc.)
- Examination (Pattern, Marks/Score, etc.) and
- Post-Examination (Answers, Contests, Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections
Examination Centres: GATE 2020 Notification
The examinations of GATE 2020 will be conducted in 8 zone-centers. The various institutes/zone centers are mentioned below:
Zone Administering Institute Zonal Websites
Zone-1 Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3 Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4 Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5 Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6 Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7 Indian Institute of Technology Madras
For more information on GATE 2020 Notification, check out on the official website.
See more, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering