CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination has always been the source of attraction among youth. The examination paves a way to the Indian Defense forces. The examination is conducted for admission in prestigious Institutions like Officer’s Training Institution (OTA) in Chennai , The Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun , Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA) .The examination is conducted twice a year in Feb /March and Aug/September.
In order to crack the exam one must know what the exam consists of
• The examination for the OTA consists of two papers — Tests of English language and test of general knowledge/general awareness.
• The examination for the IMA consists of three papers — Tests of English language and test of general knowledge/general awareness and test of mathematical ability.
Criteria of examination
|S.No.||Paper / Subject||Questions||Duration||Marks|
|General Knowledge||120||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours||100|
Tips to crack the exam
English language has two main sections: vocabulary and grammar.
- Good command of vocabulary can help you to answer more than 20 questions .Read magazines and English newspaper articles to improve your vocabulary.
- Practice the grammar rules (subject verb agreement, preposition, tense, pronoun, adjective etc) and solve practice exercises on regular basis.
General knowledge consists of: Current affairs, History, Indian constitution, Politics and Economics
- Develop the habit of reading newspaper on regular basis for solving the current affairs section.
- In history section, movements in-between revolt of 1857 and independence (1947), Vedic period, Maurayan kings, are the main topics.
- In geography, mountain peaks, rivers, average rain, population folklore require main focus; general knowledge about computers is also necessary.
- Thorough study of social studies books from 7th to 11th standard is sufficient to prepare for this section.
- Elementary Mathematics section consists of basic mathematics like algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics.’
We strongly recommend that you thoroughly read Disha Publication’s book ‘CDS 9 YEARS TOPIC WISE SOLVED PAPERS (2007 – 2015)’ which consists of last 9 years (both Feb and November papers) .In all there are 17 Question papers from 2007 to 2015- which have been divided into 42 topics.
This book will make the aspirants competent enough to crack the uncertainty of success in the Entrance Examination.