UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) examination is a step towards bureaucracy. The exam itself is hard nut to crack. The aspirants for the exams have to be theoretically, strategically and psychologically geared. In the discussion to follow we will discuss the modus operandi to prepare for the UPSC exam 2016:
- To begin with the preliminary examination you must be aware that IAS Preliminary exam has General studies and CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude test). The general study (CSAT Paper 1) is inclusive of generally everything that has happened or is happening around and Aptitude test checks ones logic and reasoning.
- One must be follow the rule of understanding the concepts rather than wasting time in mugging.
- You must prepare like a handyman because there is so much available that you may read all and still not score well on that topic. The History, geography, general awareness are some common topics that are touched upon in general studies. The NCERT books are beneficial but now a day’s one can do extensive reading upon internet as well. Make the notes as you go and remember to keep revising.
- Reading newspaper regularly keeps you up to date with current affairs.
- For the Aptitude exam aspirant should be prepared to answer questions regarding Stats, Mental ability, reading and comprehension, data interpretation, General Mathematics, graphs, algebra, geometry etc. Focus and practice is the key to this exam. Play around with these topics by solving questions and trying mock test.
- Try and solve as many previous year papers as you can to get the knack of it.
- One can refer to the following website to know more about the books that can be used for
Overall to be successful in IAS Preliminary exam 2016 a candidate must spending equal time to learning, practice and rest is essential.