National Testing Agency (NTA) is a society that is registered as an autonomous self-sustained premier testing organization. This organization is authorized to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. NTA is going to take control of conducting examinations from CBSE. It is going to hold the exams previously held by CBSE including JEE Main, NEET, GPAT, UGC NET and CMAT.
Changes made by NTA in JEE Main 2019
• JEE Main 2019 will be in CBT mode only (Computer-based test).
• The entrance will be held twice. First in January 2019 and then in April 2019.
• Both in January 2019 and April 2019, the entrance will be in 8 sittings. Applicants will be able to select any one date out of eight available dates for giving the exam.
• Candidates can appear in both the entrances or in any one of them in a year. If a candidate appears in both the exams, then the best score out of the two entrances will be used for preparing the admission list/AIR.
• Candidates will be able to take the practice tests by visiting the centers from August-end or September start.
Important dates for JEE Main 2019
The NTA JEE Main 2019 dates have been finalized and are given in the table below.
|JEE Main 2019||Dates of January Exam||Dates of April Exam|
|Application Starts from||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Sep 2018||07 Mar 2019|
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018||18 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date||06 to 20 Jan 2019||06 to 20 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2019||30 Apr 2019|
What is unchanged in JEE Main 2019?
Despite the announced change in the agency conducting the JEE main exam, there are many factors which remain the same. The unchanged factors are given below:
• The exam pattern is the same.
• The syllabus is unchanged.
• The language of the question paper is the same as the previous.
• JEE Main exam still remains compulsory for candidates who wish to appear in the JEE Advanced examination.
NTA- JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The pattern of Joint Entrance Examination remains the same. The details of NTA-JEE main exam pattern are given below
• Duration for the entrance: 03 hours.
• Questions Type: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
• The medium of Question Papers: The medium of the paper in all test centers will be English and Hindi. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the medium available will be in Hindi, English, and Gujarati also.
Distribution of marks For (BE/B.Tech) paper:
Marks are distributed for each question. Distribution of marks is given below:
|Section||No. of questions||Marks for each question||Marks in total|
Marking Scheme for the paper:
- For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- There will be negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted or awarded in case the question is left unanswered.
This gives students an entirely supportive opportunity to get the best out their potential. This new pattern of exam conduction will make students focus and squeeze success out of their sheer hard work. We are here to help you so that you can make the best of this opportunity. Folks!! First of all, relax and take this change as a good change. Now decide what call you want to take regarding the JEE exam. If you have made up your mind this time, then don’t miss out on applying. The last date to apply is Sept 30, 2018. At this stage, you are in dire need to understand what precisely was the exam last year. Take up mock tests and learn with Disha publication exclusive range of JEE exam books like Jee main topic wise solved papers. Buy Disha Publication JEE exam mock tests and Disha JEE main 2019 from Amazon.
After application, all you need is a whole lot of practice in order to clear your exams, you can either purchase the books mentioned above or you can download the topic wise free study material for JEE from Freedownloadsdisha.com.
We have collected all the unique questions for every subject and combined them into DPP’s for you to download free of cost. Just follow the respective links below for downloading all the respective DPP’s (Daily Practice Problems). These DPP’s are a bomb of questions that can’t be diffused. Now, it’s time to change the gear to “Practice Mode”.
Follow these links in order to download the respective DPP’s.
For any query regarding apt books for JEE preparation, you can reach out Disha publication facebook and other online sources.
All the best for preparations!!!