Knowing the Exam
Get yourself acquainted with the pattern of the SSC exam you are taking up. This will help you solve the paper better and be more confident in your approach, since you already have a taste of what’s going to come your way. Take mock tests and see how you fare in them. Take them seriously and improve upon your performance each time. Get in touch with your seniors and take their valuable advice. Approach your teachers and mentors for their valuable guidance.Also, have a look at the previous years’ papers and try to solve them. You will get a very good idea of how your paper will feel like.
Mastering the subjects
For this try the SWOT Analysis. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. It is a very effective technique that tells you your strengths and weaknesses. Through this technique, you will know where your strengths lie and where exactly you go wrong. Work hard to overcome your weaknesses. Give extra time to them. Analyze as to how you can minimize them. Do not hesitate to seek professional help if necessary. At the same time, make sure that your strengths and plus points make you stand out. Polish your strengths and try to perfect them.
Also it is imperative and demanding that you get your basics right! Brush up on your fundamentals. This should in fact be the first step you take, lest you should find it too complex later on. Without getting the fundamentals right, it is difficult to proceed with the later concepts of the subject. Therefore, work very hard if you are not very good at the basics. No matter how hard it is or how much time it take, it is worth the effort! The rest of the journey becomes easy once you accomplish this!
Make very sure that you adopt the right strategy to prepare and attend the exam. Many times, success eludes students due to the incorrect approach.
Managing Oneself – mentally and emotionally – Time-Stress Mgt
It is natural to get tensed and anxious during such times of stress. If you are not doing well in your mock tests, you get all the more worried. However, for your utmost and optimum performance, try to remain calm and composed. Only then can you figure out where your mistake lies. Do not lose your cool. Your mind will work its best when you are calm. Try and practice meditation on a regular basis. Not only does it calm you down, but it also boosts your memory and reasoning skills.
One overlooked aspect of preparation is healthy eating habits and exercise. Your diet and health takes a backseat, amidst all the chaos! Do not compromise on your diet and sleep pattern. A balanced diet is the most important thing to follow for good health. You will also improve your immunity and not fall sick often, if you follow the right diet. Try and exercise regularly, at least for four or five days a week, an hour each day. It boosts your metabolism (obviously!) and your energy levels! You will then gain more stamina and this is sure to help you in your preparation.
Discipline is very important to achieve anything. Follow a strict routine and stick to it. Do not deviate from it. Follow a regular sleep routine. Sleep the minimum number of hours required for it is necessary. About seven to eight hours everyday. Do not sleep for too long, or it will be the only thing you do! Take power naps in between, during the day, but not for too long. Make a timetable, work out a plan and execute it sincerely! Follow healthy habits. Very important: Do not heed to distractions! Be focused!
While you prepare for the exam, it is reasonable that you are tempted to do other things more than to study. Consider these tips:
- Keep a 5 minute break after every 45 minutes so that you do not get bored of your study material and gain the required energy to continue studying.
- Do not try to make such a time table that it is all about studying the whole day. Keep slots for recreation and getting rests. But even in that recreation, avoid watching television or playing video games.
- Rather involve in fun activities, play outdoor or indoor games, take a walk around your place, take time out for your hobby. Why hobby, because that will lighten up your mood and refresh your mind.
Generating the best Output – Attempting the question paper
Finally when you are appearing for the SSC exam, the most important thing is that youread the question paper thoroughly. As a clear strategy to attempt the paper can be framed only after reading it thoroughly. Its very important that you read question carefully and thoroughly because it is seen that whenever a familiar word appears in the question, students don’t read it carefully and continue answering with what comes in their mind first. One of the reason is because their brain sees what it wants to see. As this is a competitive exam, you get only one chance to answer the question, so answer wisely!
Time Management is the key to success. If you know how to manage your time, half of the work is already done. Time Management is the most important aspect not just while you prepare for competitive exams but also while you give one. Time is what you have now. So keep these things in mind:
- Do NOT while away your time. Sometimes, you are thinking about the solution of a problem and you may get lost in just another world. Do not let yourself do that.
- While giving the examination, assign time slots to every question on the basis of its difficulty. Do not waste time in searching for pen, pencil, rubber; keep everything handy.
- Keep a watch on your table instead of tying it on your hand. It is better to just move your eyes than to look at your hand as it is distracting.
- Pay attention on your own exam. How much ever a good friend you may be with the person sitting ahead or behind you, they all will go on their own paths and you on your own. That examination is going to be detrimental for your life, so value that.