1. Does JEE Main repeat questions?
Yes. The questions of previous year questions get repeated in JEE mains. If you go through 15 years past JEE Mains questions, it will give you a complete idea for upcoming JEE Mains questions.
2. How can I attempt more questions in JEE?
Here are the best & simple tips to follow:
- Read the paper carefully
- First go for easy, then for moderate & finally for tough
- Choose your favorite subject first
- Choose Chemistry first & then go for a favorite subject
- Make Subject-wise strategies
- Keep Rough Work Clean and Safe
- Time Management
3. What are the types of questions asked in JEE Mains?
JEE Mains questions can be of the following types:
- Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), having 4 options each with only 1 correct option
- Questions Type where the answer is a numerical value
4. Which topics are most important for Physics JEE mains?
Here are a few important topics, which can help you get higher scores easily:
- Work, Energy, and Power –5% questions
- Electrostatics – 6% questions
- Current Electricity – 7% questions
- Wave Optics –5% questions
- Ray Optics –6% questions
5. Is 90% score well in JEE Main?
Yes. It is a very good score as JEE Exam is the most popular and difficult examination in India.
6. How many marks are required to clear JEE Main?
The mark requirements keep changing every year, so it difficult to say the exact mark. However, if you score more than 50% marks, it will earn you seats in top IITs.
7. Is it compulsory to give JEE Mains twice?
No. It is not compulsory to give JEE Mains twice. You have the option to appear for both the exams and the better of the two scores will be considered for admission.
8. How many times a candidate can appear for JEE Mains?
As per the NTA guidelines, you can appear TWICE in a particular academic session.
You can appear for 3 consecutive years, as per the eligibility criteria and the age of appearing.
9. Will the JEE examination be offline or online?
As it is Computer Based Test [CBT], JEE Exam will be conducted ONLINE.
10. Who is eligible for JEE (Main)?
Here are the eligibility criteria:
- Should have passed Class 12 examination or Equivalent qualifying examination
- Those appearing for Class 12 exam are eligible to apply
- There is no age limit to appear for JEE Mains Examination. Age limit should be made known to the institutes seeking admission.
11. Is a candidate eligible to appear for improvement exam in the following year?
12. How can I apply for JEE (Main)?
Follow these steps to apply for JEE Main:
- Submit an online application through the website at www.nta.ac.in
- Follow the instructions provided in the information bulletin
- Keep the required details ready and review it before submission
13. Can I use a calculator in the online examination conducted by NTA?
No. You are not allowed to carry calculators or electronic devices in the exam hall. The instructions are available on the information bulletin.
14. What will be the pattern of examination?
JEE (Main) will have two papers:
- Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and,
- Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning)
The choices of papers are up to the Candidate. And the other patterns are listed below:
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Question Type: Objective Type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test [CBT], other exams as Test drawing aptitude “Pen and Paper Based”, is conducted offline.