Master of Business Administration or MBA is one of the most popular courses opted by students across the world. Not only does it provide a successful career graph, but also a fat paycheck at the end of every month. But before any of this could happen, the entrance exams in the forms of CAT, XAT, MAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT and much more await aspirants. The stifling process of cracking entrances and GD-PI sessions is conducted in a way as to make sure that the best is selected from thousands of aspirants across the country.
A good and stable career plan is pre-requisite for entering a B school, without which any MBA aspirant would find it really hard to stick to institution’s rigorous 2-year regime.
An aptitude test is all what it takes to get into the best MBA colleges of India where a spectrum of questions is put before the applicants including Mathematics, General Awareness, Logical Ability and Vocabulary related questions. Preparations to get into a B school should begin at least one year prior to entrance exams. Here are a few things one should keep in mind while preparing for MBA entrances-
1. While preparing for CAT or any other MBA entrance exam, one should follow a consistent and disciplined schedule with minimum 7-8 hours of study time.
2. Mostly, MBA entrances follow negative marking. So, bluffing your way out isn’t going to help much.
3. Keeping regular updates of what is happening around the world or general awareness is in direct relation with scoring fairly well in MBA entrance exams. In GD-PI sessions, students are mostly quizzed on current affairs .So, make sure that you take your time out from busy schedule for daily enlightenment dose.
4. MBA entrance exam is no child’s play and that is why according to one’s own capacity, one should either take formal coaching or start structuring their preparation foremost.
5. Quantitative ability sections are perks for engineering students where they can perform questions comparatively in less time and concentrate on other sections.
6. Applicants should practice from solved test papers keeping in mind the time frame where one paper should be solved. This will provide help in increasing efficiency of applicants.
7. And above all, hard work is the key to everything, be it a top notch B school or any other opportunity in life, consistent hard work never gives away to failure in life.