There will be a common all-India medical entrance test for admissions to MBBS and BDS
courses. Multiple tests will give way to the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) for
admission to private and Government medical/dental colleges for the current (2016-17)
NEET was declared illegal and unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in 2013, was restored
on April 11, 2016 after a five –judge Constitutional bench allowed the Centre and Medical
Council of India (MCI) to implement the common entrance test.
A lot of students appear for various medical entrance examinations in more than 400
colleges and there are more than 52,000 seats available for MBBS courses.
This implementation is likely to put a curb on the amount of money a student has to shell out
in taking an examination. It is believed that a student spends about a lakh of rupees in taking
Proposed schedule of the examination to be conducted will be submitted to the court
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) May 3, two days from now. Candidates appearing in the exam, must take note of following points while attempting the paper:
- Each candidate will be given sealed test booklet Fifteen minutes before the starting of the test;
- Instantly after receiving the test booklet, the candidates will have to fill out the necessary information specified on the cover page of the test booklet with ball point pen only. Candidates will not open the test booklet until until asked to do so by the observer;
- Five minutes before the starting of the test, candidates will be asked to break/open the seal of the test booklet. Applicants will have to take out the answer sheet cautiously. Candidates should watchfully check that the test booklet code printed on side-2 of the answer sheet is the same as printed on test booklet. In case of inconsistency, the candidate should at once report it to the invigilator for substitute of both the test booklet and the answer sheet;
- Candidates will then write particulars with a ballpoint pen on both sides. After passing this stage, the candidate will wait for the signal to overseer;
- After the conclusion of the test and before handing over the answer sheet, the candidate should check again that all the information required in the form of answers have been correctly written and marked;
- The answer sheet will be found placed within the preserved test booklet. The seal will be broken/opened by the candidate on the Declaration of the observer and only the answer sheet must be removed. Do not open/break the seal before the declaration;
- Side-2 of each answer sheet will be pre-printed test booklet code A, B, C and D. Candidates are required to verify that the test booklet code pre-printed on side-2 of the answer sheet is the same as printed on test booklet;
- The format of the answer sheet will be found placed inside the test booklet and will be used to answer questions. Applicants are encouraged to go through this and be familiar with the requirements detailed coverage marking the answers;
- The answer sheet will be of special type which will be scanned on optical scanner and having two sides.