In spite of the abundance of high paying jobs in private sector, there are millions of students in INDIA who prefer civil services to lucrative private jobs for a number of reasons. Becoming an IAS officer gives an opportunity to the candidate to get greater social reorganization, job security, financial stability and above of all these, a golden chance to serve the country in an effective way.
IAS exams are extremely though and it requires aspirants to prepare extensively and adopt the right strategy to crack the exam and be selected for the desired post. Here are some helpful tips which will help you in the preparation of IAS exam–
→ Know the entire syllabus of IAS exam:
Before starting the preparation for IAS exam, candidates must know the entire syllabus of the exam. In short, IAS exams are divided in mainly two parts- (A). Prelims & (B). Mains. Candidates that qualify these two examinations are called up for personal interview and after clearing the interview, they get selected for the job. Candidates must also know the number of attempts they can make for the exam, the eligibility criteria, age and notifications issued by the UPSC.
→ Proper timing of IAS preparation:
If you are strongly committed to clear the IAS exam, you must start preparing for it at the right time so that you must have enough time for prepare for the each and every paper and have enough preparation for the exam.
→ Selection of appropriate study materials:
The selection of proper study materials also paves the way for the effective preparation for the exam and gain success in it. Students can get on DISHA PUBLICATION to get lots of books for the preparation of IAS exam. Aspirants can get the full coverage of their IAS syllabus; learn short-cut tricks to solve the exams questions correctly, technique of time management and accuracy, practice previous year question papers of IAS exam to prepare for the exam very well.
→Think of joining a coaching institute:
Although coaching institutes is not the guarantee that you will get success in the exam, it provides aspirants a guide to prepare for the exam very well and thus their chances of getting the success in the exam very well. Nevertheless, IAS coaching is quite expensive and before joining it, you should keep the financial condition of your guardian in mind. Also, take feedback about the coaching institute in which you are to be enrolled.
→Other useful measures:
- Maintain continuity in your preparation,
- Don’t take part in unusual social activities,
- Take proper sleep and take care of your health,
- If you are financially fragile, you should get a government job in bank, Railway or in any other financial firm so that the lack of money won’t affect your preparation.
- Avoid those people who talks negatively about you and your preparation,
- Fill up the application form when you are fully prepared for the exam.
Here are some of books name which would help you to crack CSAT IAS Exam :-
1) Crack CSAT Paper 1 & 2 Practice Workbook (200+ Tests) with 50 cool stories 300 HOT Issues
2) Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims (CSAT) – Paper 1 Third Edition
3) Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims (CSAT) – Paper 2 Fourth Edition
4) 20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2014)
5) CSAT IAS Prelims 101 Speed Tests Practice Workbook with 10 Practice Sets – Paper 1
6) CSAT IAS Prelims 101 Speed Tests Practice Workbook with 10 Practice Sets – Paper 2