Tina Dabi has won laurels for achieving the top spot in the Civil Services 2015-2016. Dabi has established a milestone for the entire Dalit community by becoming the pioneer to attain the top position in the first attempt. The aim and dedication are very essential to get through the exams like UPSC exams, which are hard nut to crack. Tina’s parents especially her mother has been her consistent support.
She has been a political science student in college and language she chose for her exam and interview was English. She has always been on number one position in school and college. She dedicated about 10 to 14 hours a day to her studies. Apart from her consistency her strategic preparation has played a key role in her success. She started her preparation in class 11 and used to always study with small breaks. Her parents inspired her to take up the challenge. She wants to break the stereotypes that prevail in the patriarchal society of Haryana state.
Some of the books referred by Tina for her preparation are as follows:
- 20 years IAS Prelims(CSAT) General Studies Topic wise solved Papers (1995 – 2014)
- Indian Heritage &Culture History & Geography of the world and society
- Governance constitution, Polity Social Justice and International Relations
- Technology Economic Development Bio Diversity Environment, Security & Disaster Management
- India and The World of the 21st century.
The books that came handy for her interview Preparation are:
- The Last Basic Tips on Facing Civil Services Personality Test
- What…? When…? How…? Answers to All Questions about Civil Services( Prelims, Mains and Interview)
Tina has been commended by Prime Minister and The CM of Delhi. To read more about her success story please follow.