50 COOL Stories 300 HOT Issues: GK Analysed for IAS/ CSAT/ MBA/ GMAT/ Bank PO/ SSC 2nd Edition
ISBN : 9789386146595
Publisher: Disha Publication
Another innovative book by Disha Publication. After the grand success of "50 COOL Stories 3000 HOT Words," Disha now brings "50 COOL Stories 300 HOT Issues: General Knowledge Analysis for IAS/ CSAT/ MBA/ GMAT/ Bank PO/ SSC," a book written for those who want to learn, understand and analyse the TOP ISSUES that changed the world in recent years.
The book deals with the latest Social, Economic, Political, Scientific, Cultural, National and International issues that every youngster should be well aware of. The stories have been handpicked and touches the different spheres of our life.
Each story is followed by "HOT Issues to Ponder," in the form of questions. These questions lists the various issues on which the students need to create their opinion on. These questions will also be part of various descriptive tests, Essay tests, Group Discussions and Personal Interviews held for the various competitive exams.
As the world is getting more and more competitive, General Knowledge/ Awareness has become one of the most sought after things. General Awareness is becoming an integral part of the written test of a lot competitive examinations. Be it UPSC, IAS, SSC, MBA, Railways or Banking. In the later stages, descriptive tests, group discussions and personal interviews, it becomes all the more important. A candidate with good General Kniwledge/ Awareness can easily leave that last impression on the interviewer(s) mind.
The book offers multiple benefits to the readers.
• Improves General Awareness
• Improves Reading/ Comprehension Skills
• Teaches Contextual Usage
• Improves Vocabulary
• Inputs for Essay Writing
• Inputs for GD/ PI
• Improves Socio-economic Awareness
• Updates on Current Trend & Issues
• Hands on facts on current issues
• Generating Opinion
• Improves Analytical Skills
In this book, we have made an attempt to not only educate and make you aware about the current affairs, but also motivate you in forming opinions and understanding how your own thoughts can be put into words. We have conducted a lot of research for all the topics, and presented them to you in a very opinionated manner with relevant facts to build analytical and comprehension skills. Each article is written to involve the readers by giving them an interesting read. This will inspire you to read more, thereby boosting your reading skills.
The book can be easily competed in 50 Hours. The book provides a radical approach of combining an extremely readable book with deep understanding of contemporary happenings and opinion creation on related issues in one package.
Actually, each topic will take you on a small and interesting journey in the world of its subject, so pack your bags and join us!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. THERE IS NO GOOD OR BAD TERRORISM
2. ENVIRONMENTAL DEMOCRACY INDEX & INDIA
3. COME CLEAN BY SEP30
4. COMBAT OPEN DEFECATION
5. DO WE STILL NEED CASTE-BASED RESERVATION IN INDIA?
6. E- COMMERCE VS. BRICK AND MORTAR RETAILERS
7. GLOBAL WARMING AND TEMPERATURE CHANGE
8. HOW TO ACCOMMODATE RITUALS IN MODERN INDIA?
9. INDIA AND ITS NEIGHBOURS - CONFLICT AND COOPERATION
10. NEHRUVIAN ERA– WHAT FOUND, WHAT LOST?
11. NJAC VS COLLEGIUM SYSTEM IN JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS
12. ROLE OF EDUCATION IN KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY
13. 'STARTUP INDIA, STAND UP INDIA' NEW INITIATIVE TO CREATE JOBS
14. SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAAN - FLOP OR SUCCESS?
15. WHY IS FINANCIAL INCLUSION NEEDED IN INDIA?
16. THE NSG DEBACLE
17. HOW FAR CAN THE FREE SPEECH GO?
18. NATIONALISM IN INDIA
19. NUCLEAR SECURITY SUMMIT 2016
20. ARE THE STANDARDIZED TESTS GOOD MEASURE OF ACADEMIC ABILITY OR PROGRESS
21. OBESITY ON THE RISE IN URBAN INDIA
22. YOUNG INDIA PREFERENCE FROM JOB SEARCH TO JOB CREATION
23. IS THE GROWING LEVEL OF COMPETITION GOOD FOR YOUTH?
24. IS AN EGALITARIAN SOCIETY POSSIBLE BY EDUCATING THE MASSES?
25. CHARACTER OF AN INSTITUTION IS REFLECTED IN ITS LEADER
26. CLIMATE CHANGE THE TRAGEDY OF COMMONS
27. SAVE THE GIRL CHILD AND EDUCATE THE GIRL CHILD
28. WILL INDIA HELP SHAPE A NEW WORLD ORDER IN 21ST CENTURY?
29. IS PROTECTION OF ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT MORE ESSENTIAL THAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT?
30. CENTRE STATES RELATIONS IN INDIA
31. FDI IN RETAIL
32. ANTI-GAY LAWS: SHOULDN’T WE LOVE OUR FELLOW MAN?
33. MR. RBI: RAGHURAM RAJAN
34. ANTI RAPE LAW
35. LAND ACQUISITION ACT
36. AUTONOMY TO CBI
37. PRIVATE BANKS
38. POPE FRANCIS
39. GST – THE BIGGEST TAX REFORM?
40. DEPRECIATION OF RUPEE
41. AADHAR- NO HERBS FOR ALL CURES
42. INDIA'S FOREIGN POLICY PRIORITIES
43. CLIMATE CHANGE AFFECTING BIODIVERSITY
44. CRUDE OIL
45. NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY POLICY
46. INDIAN HEALTH REPORT
47. INDO-CHINA TUG OF WAR
48. ATTRACTING FIIS
49. INDIA-U.S. NUCLEAR DEAL
50. GENETICALLY ENGINEERED FOODS