Comprehensive Guide to CDS Exam | Combined Defence Services Exam Books
ISBN : 9789386146397
Publisher: Disha Publication
"Comprehensive Guide to CDS Exam" has been designed specially for the CDS exam. The book is based on the exact pattern of the examination as conducted by the UPSC.
• The book covers all the sections that are asked in the exam –
1. Section I – Mathematics distributed into 25 topics
2. Section II – English divided into 10 topics
3. Section III – General Knowledge divided into 7 topics
• Each chapter provides well illustrated theory with exhaustive fully solved examples which have been designed on the lines of questions asked in the previous years’ CDS Entrance Examination.
• This is followed with an exhaustive collection of solved practice questions in the form of Exercise(s). Exercises also incorporates selective past question papers with solutions. Practicing these questions, aspirants will come to know about the pattern and toughness of the questions asked in the examination.
• The Mathematics and English sections cover 1 exercise each whereas the General Knowledge section has 2 exercises.
• The answer keys/ detailed solutions are provided for all the exercises in the book.
• The book covers latest Current Affairs Question Bank.
Table Of Contents
Section 1 - Mathematics
01. Number System
02. HCF & LCM
05. Ratio & Proportions
07. Simple & Compound Interest
08. Profit & Loss
09. Time, Speed & Distance
10. Time & Work
12. Basic Operations & Factorization
13. Linear Equation In One & Two Variables
14. Quadratic Equations & In equations
15. Set Theory
16. Trigonometric Ratios & Identities
17. Height & Distances
18. Areas and Perimeter
19. Volume and surface area
20. Lines & Angles
21. Triangles and its properties
22. Quadrilateral and polygon
Section 2 - English
1. Synonyms and Antonyms
2. One word substitution
3. Idioms and phrases
4. Spotting Errors
5. Sentence Improvement
6. Ordering of Words in a Sentence
7. Ordering of Sentences in a Paragraph
8. Contextual Usage (Fill in the Blanks)
9. Selecting Words
10. Reading Comprehension
Section 3 - General Knowledge
05. General Science
07. Current Affairs