The book “Decoding Reading Comprehension: How to Prepare RC for CAT, XAT, SNAP & GMAT” has been conceived with dual purpose: designed as quick reference to concepts, principles in English to find out what a theme is, identifying a theme using tools and techniques, clause-analysis, sentence structure, sentiment of a text, to compare structure of story or passage in terms of its constituents and purpose, usage of idioms, phrases, metaphors and other literary tools.
• Important and essential literary and linguistic definitions, rules, examples relevant to examinations like CAT (Common Admission Test) and GMAT (General Management Aptitude Test) are provided with examples wherever possible. Where needed, hints are given as to the use of a rule to avoid common mistakes,
• A perfect blend of Handbook and textbook: For the first time well written chapters on important topics with suitable examples, illustrations, figures and tables on essential topics are given in this book.
• The author has taken the pain to fill important knowledge-gaps so as to build your fundamental concepts and its application. In that sense various exercises are graded as “Level of Competence - I, II and III” to give you insight into the application of concepts.
• The emphasis has been placed on reasoning in the sense that facts and logic act as interlocked themes for understanding. Facts play an important role in guiding logic.
• Each topic has been treated by way of highlighting central idea of a passage in terms of validity of an application of rule or concept.
• In chapters on argumentation, identifying theme, or critical reasoning I have been guided by my twenty-five years of coaching experience and my own success at CAT examination to secure my entry into Indian Institute of Management Indore.
• The book can be used as a perfect TEXTBOOK-CUM-PRACTICE BOOK.
|Author Name||Hemant Shrivastava|
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account