General Organic Chemistry for JEE Main & JEE Advanced
ISBN : 9789386320001
Publisher: Disha Publication
The book is written with the Mains that, “Rather than memorising mechanisms, the student should be able to ‘workthrough’ the mechanisms based on previous knowledge.”
The book General Organic Chemistry for JEE Main & Advanced covers Classification & Nomenclature, Stereochemistry, Reactions & their mechanisms and General organic chemistry which forms the core of the Organic Chemistry.
Some of the salient features of the revised edition are:
• The book aims at 100% Concept Clarity for the students. The theory is followed by in-chapter Exercises (Test Your Understanding), Illustrative Examples and 3 levels of Exercises.
• The first exercise is based on Mains exam covering single choice correct MCQs.
• The second exercise covers questions on the NEW PATTERN of IIT-JEE MCQs (more than 1 correct), Passages, Multiple Matching, Integer Answer and Assertion-Reason Type questions.
• More focus on questions based on concepts repeatedly asked in the exam.
• The final exercise covers quality subjective questions.
• The book provides solutions to most of the questions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Classification and Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
2. Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry
4. Organic Reactions and their Mechanism