Mechanics 2, Heat and Waves for JEE Main & Advanced (Fully Solved) 6th Edition
ISBN : 9789385576843
Publisher: Disha Publication
Mechanics 2, Heat and Waves for JEE Main & Advanced (Fully Solved)
Most of the books designed for the JEE exam either provide learning or practice support for the exam. In other words they are not complete as they do not ensure learning for the students. For the first time in India, Disha Publication, India’s leading publisher for Entrance Exams and School Books launches a unique book with Fool Proof Methodology to Master Physics for JEE Main & Advanced 2016.
The second book of Disha’s IIT-JEE PHYSICS SUPER SUCCESS SERIES, Mechanics 2, Heat and Waves has been written in the flavour of the new pattern of IIT-JEE.
The present book “Mechanics 2, Heat and Waves for JEE Main & Advanced” contains 10 chapters. The book covers System of Particles, Rotational Motion, Mechanical Properties of Solids and Fluids, Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves.
How is the book different?
• In each chapter, a large number of examples along with numerous methods of analysis and short-cuts have been given in a systematic manner to assist the students to understand the concepts of the subject.
• The book has been designed in such a manner that it will be 100% useful for CBSE Board, JEE Main (the erstwhile AIEEE exam) and JEE Advanced (the erstwhile IIT-JEE exam). The strength of the book is its flawless theory which is missing in most of the other books.
• The theory has been dealt in great depth with discussion of a huge number of Solved Examples (depicting various cases possible in numerical problems) with near to real-life diagrams so as to provide 100% conceptual clarity to the students.
• At the end of the theoretical portion of each chapter a quick Review of Formulae and Important Points, which the students must always remember, has been provided.
• The book has been enriched with inclusion of a number of latest and new problems in 6 variety of exercises, be it Multiple Choice Questions, More than one correct, Statement Questions, Passage & Matrix type Questions, Subjective Integer Type Questions, Subjective Questions.
• The various questions covered are:
1. Solved Example Discussions - 419
2. MCQ 1 Correct Questions - 735
3. MCQ more than 1 correct Questions - 156
4. Assertion Reason type Questions - 109
5. Multiple Matching Questions - 100
6. Passage based Questions - 180
7. Integer Answer Questions - 79
8. Subjective Questions - 307
• Finally the book provides hints and solutions to each and every problem of the book. All the 6 exercises have been fully solved.
About the Author: Er. D. C. Gupta (M-Tech) is a renowned faculty of Northern India for IIT-JEE training. He has been involved into training students for AIEEE/ IIT-JEE/ JEE Main/ Advanced since last 20 years. He is known for his erudite style and is popular among students for teaching problem solving skills for JEE. He has trained thousands of students for JEE and has fulfilled the dream of hundreds of students through their selection in JEE.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Rotational Mechanics
2. Properties of Matter
3. Fluid Mechanics
4. Simple Harmonic Motion
5. Thermometry, Expansion & Calorimetry
6. Kinetic Theory of Gases
7. Law of Thermodynamics
8. Heat Transfer
9. Wave – I
10. Wave –II