The Mega Yearbook 2020 for Competitive Exams - 5th Edition
Disha's Mega Yearbook 2019, a thoroughly revised, reorganised, updated and ENLARGED 4th edition, presents a comprehensive study of all the sections that are covered under the subject of General Knowledge.
The Mega Yearbook 2019 provides the latest information & most authentic data reference material on Current Affairs and General Knowledge.
It has specially been designed to cater to aspirants of various competitive exams like Civil services, Banks, Railways, UPSC and PSC exams and Quiz Competitions across the country.
The Mega Yearbook 2019 has been divided into 2 inclusive parts: Part A - Current Affairs; Part B - General Knowledge.
# Current Affairs consists of:
• Articles on issues India and the world grappling with,
• India/ World Timeline,
• People, Events, Ideas and Issues that left their mark in 2018,
• India/ World at a Glance: Social-Economic-Political (Infographics),
• Special coverage on Indian Economy, Union Budget 2018–19, Economic Survey, GST and Effects of Demonetization,
• Global Economic Outlook, Bills & Acts, Policies & Schemes,
• SWOT ANALYSIS -Indian Economic, Political & Social Climate,
• India/ World’s Who's Who, Emerging Trends, Books & Authors, Causes & Effects, Game Changers, Quote & Unquote, Mysteries solved/ unsolved, Popular Terms, Important Appointments, Awards & Honours, Obituaries, Top 20, and many more.
# General Knowledge covers:
• India/ World Panorama
• Geography, History, Polity, Economy, Business, General Science, Technology, Ecology and Environment
• People forever
• Art & Culture, Sports, Healthcare, Communication, News & Media, Education & Career, IT & Computers
The Mega Yearbook 2019 procures key information from the most credible sources from India as well as from abroad in a concise and easy-to-understand manner to help cover maximum material within a limited space.
The book is a Ready Reckoner which will prove to be the cutting edge for the aspirants in cracking a competitive exam.
The material has been given in bulleted points wherever necessary to make the content easy to grasp.
The book has ample tabular charts, mind maps, graphic illustrations which further makes the learning process flexible and interesting.
PART- I: CURRENT AFFAIRS 2019
A GLIMPSE OF 2019
1. India at a Glance: Social/ Economy/ Polity
2. World at a Glance: Social/ Economy/ Polity
• Timeline: National 2019
• Timeline: International 2019
• SWOT ANALYSIS:
1. India’s job challenge
2. Ban on single use plastics (SUPs)
3. Can India become a $5 trillion economy by 2024?
4. Merger of PSU banks
5. National Register of Citizens in Assam
• Mind Maps:
1. The emergence of Artificial Intelligence & its future
2. India’s tiger census
3. Revival of rural economy and agricultural reforms in India
4. Mission Shakti: Why the ASAT missile test is important for India?
5. India’s Defence Preparedness
• India’s Sports Journey Through 2019
• India’s Space Endeavours in 2019
• India’s Economic growth story 2019
• A glimpse of Environment, Agriculture, Banking, Railways 2019
• Emerging Trends in 2019
• Game Changers in 2019
• Current Affairs: National/ International
• PEOPLE IN NEWS
• Policies & Schemes 2019
• Bills & Acts 2019
• Books & Authors 2019
• Cinema - India/ World
• Appointments 2019
• Awards & Honours 2019
• Obituaries 2019
• Cover story Articles:
1. Article 370 & 35 A
2. National Register of Citizens (NRC)
3. Urban Pollution in India: A National Crisis
1. Local government in India
2. Drainage system of India
3. Social reforms in modern India
4. Indian Painting
5. Nano Technology
PART- II: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
• Indian Polity
• Agriculture in India
• Indian Railways
• Ecology & Environment
• Banking in India
• Financial Awareness
• General Science
• Technology & Its Application
• Computer Knowledge
• Defence & Security
• Art & Culture
• Sports & Games
• Awards & Honours
• People for Ever
• Panorama – India & World
• India: A Glimpse
• India: States/Uts
• India’s Relationship with its Neighbours
• Countries of the World