The New Updated 4th Edition of Disha’s Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT, XAT & other MBA Entrance Exams is enriched with the addition of the past CAT questions in respective chapters. The papers covered are CAT 2009 to 2020, XAT & IIFT 2015-20. Further, the 5 Mock tests are also revised as per the latest pattern. The book proves to be quite student-friendly as it starts from a basic level and moves to an expert level.
• Structure of the book: The book has been divided into three parts - Verbal Ability, Verbal Reasoning & Reading Comprehension which have been divided into chapters. Each chapter consists of:
1. Theory with Illustrations
2. Foundation Level Exercise
3. Standard Level Exercise
4. Expert Level Exercise
5. Solutions to the 3 levels of exercises
• The Verbal Ability section focuses on the Basics of English Grammar, Vocabulary, and Common errors.
• The Verbal Reasoning section focuses on Para jumbles, Critical Reasoning, Fact/ Inference/ Judgement, and Passage Completion (Logical conclusion of Paragraphs).
• The Reading Comprehension section focuses on comprehension of passages of different genres based on the latest patterns.
• The theory is followed by 3 levels of exercises – Foundation Level, Standard Level, and Expert Level. The detailed solution to each and every question has been provided immediately at the end of the 3 exercises.
• Foundation Level – Here the focus is to expose the students to solve problems based on the concepts they have learned in the theory part. The student develops a good foundation and is ready for the Standard level.
• Standard Level – The Standard level is a collection of excellent quality problems which will test a student on the application of the concepts learned in various real-life situations. The problems provide a good platform to develop a very good problem-solving aptitude so as to take up the expert level confidently.
• Expert Level – This is the toughest part of the book and involves the trickiest questions on the concepts involved. Here most of the problems will pose good challenge to the students.
• The three sections contain past questions of various MBA entrance exams like CAT/ XAT/ IIFT.
• At the end of the book 5 Mock Tests are provided based on the latest patterns. The solutions to the test are provided at the end of the tests.
|Author Name||Bharat Patodi, Aditya Choudhary|